Find
Notify
Tools

.308 175GR Berger VLDs POI Questions...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RenegadeRN
posted
Yesterday I did some load development using Varget and the subject bullet. I used Walt Bergers load data he sent me with was 42 to 44 grains of Varget. I worked up using half grain increments.

Has anyone ever worked up a load that was extremely accurate through out the load development? I've never seen it before. As typically stated the bullet impact starts wide, then narrows in to where you find an accurate load which has been middle to upper range of the powder load and widens a bit at top end. This time, no matter what I used or did I was getting all bullet impacts touching..albiet less than an inch. I was wondering if anyone had this happen before.

'I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all.'

Posts: 171 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RenegadeRN
posted Hide Post
ARGGH...I should say that I was using a .308 Win rifle.

'I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all.'

Posts: 171 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote