New
Find
Notify
Tools

RL-17 and 208 A-Max
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Fella's got a strange itch I'd like to scratch, I'm looking to shoot the 208 A-Max from my 308 for long range just to see if that high BC of the bullet will hold up. I have seen a mess of information but these folks are seating the bullets long so that they are single loading I would like to mag feed these rounds so 2.900" would be the max my AI mag will allow. Anyone have a good place to start from on powder charges? Later,

Kirk

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No one? I guess it is a strange itch I have huh? Later,

Kirk

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Go over to longrangehunting and look around,there is a thread there somewhere about this combo that is several pages.

Posts: 57 | Location: Parker Texas | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All the information I have found is for long seated bullets, I'm looking to magazine feed these and with the AI mag 2.900" is about it for length! I worked up some loads with a COL of 2.815" and had lacklust results, yet to break the 2500fps goal but my max loading of 45.0gr showed no pressure signs so I'll try to go up in powder charge a few more grains and see if it is possib;e to reach 2500fps. Later,

Kirk