Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25-284
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to hear from people that have one or had owned a 25-284.
I'm having one built on a Remington 700 SA and would hear about your loads and experiences.
Going to use it for antelope/deer and maybe coyote/jackrabbit for off season practice. hoping the 110gr Nosler AB will shoot well
Thanks

Posts: 38 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I don't own one, I like that chambering.
It's a Short Action 25-06.
I know guys who do own them, and rave about them, with 23" barrels for hunting.

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's going to be somewhat crowded in a 700 short action. Workable, but crowded. The 110 Accubond is a rather long bullet, so you'll find a bunch of it inside the case in order to get it down to magazine length. Have you looked at lengthening the magazine a little? I understand that this can be done with the 700.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one in a Mauser Mark X action.

Incredibly accurate (under an inch at 200 yards).

A real killer on deer size game.

You will enjoy it for years to come.
I'm at work now, will try to post my handload data later.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
It's going to be somewhat crowded in a 700 short action. Workable, but crowded. The 110 Accubond is a rather long bullet, so you'll find a bunch of it inside the case in order to get it down to magazine length. Have you looked at lengthening the magazine a little? I understand that this can be done with the 700.

I'm not stuck on the 110gr AB just thought it would be a good all purpose bullet. I like the 100gr Partition also so I might give that a go.
It'll be about 5 months before the rifle is done so I have plenty of time to do more research.

N.Garret
I look forward to you handload data.
I understand I can use starting data from the 25-06 since they are so close in volume.

Posts: 38 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by velvetant:
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:

I'm not stuck on the 110gr AB just thought it would be a good all purpose bullet. I like the 100gr Partition also so I might give that a go.
It'll be about 5 months before the rifle is done so I have plenty of time to do more research.

N.Garret
I look forward to you handload data.
I understand I can use starting data from the 25-06 since they are so close in volume.

I have this thing about calibers and bullet weights I use; just personal. But, with all of my 25 caliber rifles, the heaviest bullets I shoot out of any of them is 100 grainers. My personal favorite bullet for the 25's is the bullet you mention, the 100 grain Nosler Partition. It flat shoots!!!

Don