New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 rum and the 180 MRX
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 15 rounds loaded up with these using the same load that I use for the 180 tsx.

Ill see what they do in the morring and if all goes well they will get to keep the pig population in check this weekend BOOM

You can't kill them setting on the couch.

Posts: 413 | Location: Roamin' the U.S. for Uncle Sam. | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know how they shoot and if the veclicity is the same (per powder charge)as the tsx.

RE shooting pigs with them......you know they are just gonna bounce right off don't you???!!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the first atempt did not go well. They shot about 1 1/2 for three rounds at 100 yds and this gun will put 3 TSX in less than 1/2'' every day!!!!!
300 yds was worse I shot two three shot groups and they both look bad the problem is that the fist two rounds hit in the bull that I used for the next group. so I dont know if the second one was 1 1/2'' or 5''

I may try and seat them @ .030 and .070 to see how they do there.

I was hoping for a plug and play but did not get it today. bewildered

Posts: 413 | Location: Roamin' the U.S. for Uncle Sam. | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PRDATOR, did you use the same jump to the lands measurement on the MRX's as you do with the XXX?

Just curious--Don.

Hope you smack a pig soon and let us know some on game info.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the same .050 off the lands.
I am going to try .030 and .070 to see if it likes that better. Wink

I did not see a single pig Confused but saw 30 deer.

and one very lucky turtle as I let my buddie shoot at it with the 416 rem I had with us. BOOM