New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How do you clean moly off bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Shoot'em. The rotational velocity when they exit the bore produces so much centrifugal force that they shed any remiaining coating. After that, they should not be a problem.

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tumble em.......DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lately I have been putting some Brasso on a 30 caliber cleaning patch and then using it on bullets that have been assembled. Just the upper half, the necks etc.

I let it set for a few momemts and then just use an orange shop rag to wipe them off. I am amazed at how much crap that cleans off!!!!

I sure is more thorough than two hours in the tumbler.
After doing that, the next time I put the cases in the tumbler, there must be some polish residue as the brass comes out as shiny as I ever saw it. From an angle the cases almost look like Nickel fined cases in the light! They shine that much.

Sierras bullets are usually covered in some sort of film when I get them. Not clean and shiney like Hornady or Speer. Well the Brasso used on a case after assembly, will of course get on the bullets. It sure shines up those Sierra bullets A LOT!

So maybe give it a try. All wives have something like that sitting around. Rifle cleaning patches are made perfectly for the job also.!!!

Cheers and good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote