THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Reloading for ruger sr40 and which dies to use ?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading for ruger sr40 and which dies to use ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have reloaded for my ruger 40 SW carbine using Lee carbide dies no problems .I tried these loads in my dad's
Ruger sr40 pistol they won't feed or fire .Do I need zillion dies for my zillion 550 instead of these Lee carbide dies .I shoot factory loads in the ruger Sr 40 no problem never named .Also can you shoot cast bullets in these .I love shooting my ruger carbine with my reloads just want to do the same with this pistol .

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Won't feed or fire would not be the fault of the dies.
You need to explain the exact nature of the failures; what bullet shape are you using, primer, load, etc.
Try to duplicate the factory load and see what happens.
If it functions with factory loads, then make your hand loads to match.

Posts: 17186 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
The 40 is known for swelling base of cases. Likely Simple case of the case chamber die other chamber issues.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lee bulge buster die solved my 40 case problems.

Posts: 19448 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote