Find
Notify
Tools

Need 9.3 mm articles.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys,

Since I will be pressure testing several different cartridges that shoot 9.3mm bullets over the next few years, I'm looking to put together a reloading guide for same.

There is an article from a couple years ago by Chub Eastman that appeared in Rifle magazine. I don't need that one or the copy of it that Craig Boddington did a little later in Guns and Ammo. Any other articles dealing with 9.3mm cartridges would be most welcome. Any language is fine. Any decent pictures of rifles so chambered would be great. I will provide full attribution of any pictures or other materials used. Be sure to include the photographers name, and any information that you have about the rifle. If anything is copyrighted, please let me know who to contact to obtain permission for use.

Many thanks,
LD

johnnoak@cableone.net

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guy on another site had some swedish articles , Ill check it out.

Where are ya going to test at? Have you been to that range heading out 95 up the Owyhee's?

Looks like it might be a good range cause I never see anyone there. Do you know anything about that range?

Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Ask over on the "ask the writers" forum at http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

I believe John Barsness has been doing work with a couple of different 9.3s and I am sure he has published one fairly recently on the 9.8x62. He might be able to direct you to a source or two of articals you can use.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of the 9.3 were made by Huskavarna,go to there sight .

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

For a huge amount of 9.3mm data, contact 9.3 Norm at tonn@netcnct.net Tell him that a Mannlicher Collector sent you. Norm has been hunting with mostly 9.3x62s and his 9.3mm wildcats for many years, probably 10-15 anyway, and has owned or experienced with most of the beasties. He has a very good 9.3mm "manual" already put together.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jennerwein
posted Hide Post

Posts: 53 | Location: Marin County, CA | Registered: 07 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guy on another site had some swedish articles , Ill check it out.

Where are ya going to test at? Have you been to that range heading out 95 up the Owyhee's?

Looks like it might be a good range cause I never see anyone there. Do you know anything about that range?

Rick

Hi Rick,

That range belongs to the Homedale gun club. I used to belong. Some of the members weren't too happy with me because on the range "work" days that year I was busy with patients at my clinic and with some house call emergencies. Also, having chronic fatigue syndrome makes it hard for me to do much physical work most days.

I spaced out renewing my membership a few years ago. When I attempted to pay to get caught up I was informed that I was no longer a member. As I understand it, they are now limiting the total number of members; maybe 200 total? You can apply only in January. I couldn't get over to the meeting last week - those darn patients again.

The biggest fly in the ointment however is smoking. The meetings are held in the back room at the Homedale bowling alley. Most of the people present smoke. If I get a lung full of cigarette smoke I immediately start coughing and wheezing. Then my lungs shut down with asthma. Smoke didn't bother me when I was young, but is surely does now.

You are correct; I drive past the range going between my house and the clinic several times a week. I have not seen anyone shooting there in several months.

I do belong to the Parma gun club. I will do my accuracy work up there. I'll do velocity and pressure work behind our trailer shooting from a shipping container into a berm.

Eventually I would like to bury 110 meters of four or five foot diameter sewer pipe. Then I could control the temperature (and zero crosswind Wink).

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lawndart,

For a huge amount of 9.3mm data, contact 9.3 Norm at tonn@netcnct.net Tell him that a Mannlicher Collector sent you. Norm has been hunting with mostly 9.3x62s and his 9.3mm wildcats for many years, probably 10-15 anyway, and has owned or experienced with most of the beasties. He has a very good 9.3mm "manual" already put together.

Thanks Sierra,

I was talking with Norm yesterday. I'm listing him as a co-author. We'll use his "term paper" on 9.3 cartridges at the outline for the new book. He is a fount of knowledge on that subject!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Danke Schoen Herr Jennerwein!

That is very helpful.

Johann Karl Noak

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart, I've found Norm to be the ultimate 9.3 man. The only 9.3mm thing I've ever beat him to was a cache of RWS 258 grain H-mantle bullets, and that was by sheer luck. (Or maybe he didn't want them anyway.)

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote