THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are 30 caliber 150 gr Accubonds extinct?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, I indulge your patience while I vent and pose some questions. I know there have been all kinds of component shortages recently. Like most everyone else, I've tried to be patient and avoided impulse buying/hoarding while the situation corrects itself. Nevertheless, I'm really confused about the lack of availability of the above mentioned bullet. For 4 months I've been trying to buy 2 boxes, but have been unable to find ANY. ConfusedI keep the Midsouth Shooters Supply, Natchez Shooters Supply and Shooter's Pro Shop websites for this bullet minimized on my computer nearly all the time. Despite checking for availability many times a week (have also been placed on email notification lists, as well), I've YET to find any. Mad I also periodically check Midway, Widener's, Lock, Stock and Barrel and Graf's. My brother in law oversees the Reloading section of a Bass Pro Shop. When I visited him and the store he works at 4 weeks ago I asked him the same question. He said, "We've got them." He was surprised when I told him there wasn't even a label on the shelves for this bullet. Said he'd let me know when they got some. Is everyone else having the same problem finding this bullet or, as the old country song goes, am I just "Looking for love in all the wrong places?" Roll EyesIf the bullet's not available, why? I've eventually found available the other AB's I've looked for. Maybe I'd be in better shape if I had a local handloading supplier to turn to. Gary T.

Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabellas has them on backorder for a 1 week wait. I got some 165 grain with only 3 or 4 days to delivery.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had some on backorder at Midway for a week. Strange how I've been able to eventually find other bullet weights, incl 30 cal, but not the 150.... Roll Eyes May need to give Cabela's a try! Cool Thanks, Gary T.

Posts: 491 | Location: Springhill, LA | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
150 accu-bad

Midway says they should be available on 8-31, so not too long to wait.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on the auctions at Bivwak, they sell Nosler seconds there all the time. Saw some 150 gr Accubonds not long agao.

Posts: 83 | Location: Saudi/Bahrain/Texas | Registered: 21 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
Email Nosler see if they have anything, they never talk about there 2nds but I think on there sight it says just ask.
I just bought 2 boxes of hornadys wicked cheap at midsouth.
James

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
To check on seconds, go to www.nosler.com and click on the link to the Nosler Pro Shop.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hamourkiller is correct. Nosler has been using Bivwak to sell their seconds much more than they have their own web site. The variety is also better.

Bivwak

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I failed to mention that I checked the BivWak site some early on, but not lately. Sounds like I need to check it more regularly. The Shooter's Pro Shop site I've been watching regularly is the other name for Nosler's Pro Shop that has Nosler's "seconds"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Hamourkiller is correct. Nosler has been using Bivwak to sell their seconds much more than they have their own web site. The variety is also better.

Bivwak
bivwak is noslers auction site they started after ebay stopped selling guns and parts

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bivwak
today they have bags of 25 416 400gr solid seconds on www.bivwak.com with free shipping on page 4

One of Us
Picture of James Kain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scr83jp:
quote:

Bivwak
bivwak is noslers auction site they started after ebay stopped selling guns and parts

Very good to know! TY

Disabled Vet(non-combat) - US Army
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunter, trapper, machinest, gamer, angler, and all around do it your selfer.
Build my own CNC router from scratch. I installed the hight wrong. My hight moves but the rails blocks 3/4 of the hight.....

Posts: 934 | Location: North Anson Maine USA | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote