New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: So I bought some books...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The ABC's book is a good one if you are starting in reloading.
It is alot of stories and basic knowledge stuff.
Cartridges of the World is not in the same category as the ABC's as it is a general reference book.
COTW is a handy book to have around, but mainly for the history and use of different cartridges rather than an actual book you can learn reloading from.

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I first started reloading I used was a RCBS basic manual. I believe it was free. I may be mistaken. The first book I bought was a Hodgdon manual. Then Speer and I think Sierra. Anyway, keep ketting more books.

Posts: 81 | Location: Up nort | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 6th ed. of "ABC" is, mostly, a nice collection of articles from previous ed. of handloaders digest. the first 5 ed. by dean grennel are a definite must have.

Posts: 107 | Location: alabama | Registered: 18 August 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

The ABC's book is a good one if you are starting in reloading.
It is alot of stories and basic knowledge stuff.
Cartridges of the World is not in the same category as the ABC's as it is a general reference book.
COTW is a handy book to have around, but mainly for the history and use of different cartridges rather than an actual book you can learn reloading from.-Spencer

True - you cannot learn reloading from COTW. BUT, you can pick up some staring load information for some pretty esoteric cartridges from it! It is often the ONLY known source of info for some of the weirder rounds.