Notify
Tools

Re: Reloading the 7.62x39
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
ky308man,

Welcome to teh forums.

We have a few loada for this one, which you can find at this link.

7.62x39 data

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Any of ya'll have recipes you're willing to share on the 7.62x39 cartridge ? I've got one of those CZ 527 carbines, it's a great little rifle. Been using 26 grs of IMR 4198 with the Remington 123 gr sp. Accuracy runs around 2.5" @ 100yds and velocity in the 2250 fps range. I'd like to improve upon the accuracy. I've tried BLC2 & AA2520 powders, but the velocities were too low to suit me, both powders only gave a little over 2000fps. Was hoping someone may have a load they've been using with success. BTW the Remington bullets are .310 diameter. Any advice or help is much appreciated.

Posts: 11 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Thanks for the link.

Posts: 11 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
ky308man,

I will add a copy of my post concerning the CZ carbine from an old post. Since this post I have shot it a bit more, and the 150 Hornady/2015 BR load continues to amaze me for great accuracy. Unfortunately I am about out of this powder, so if anyone knows of a source for this older version of 2015 I would love to get more.

Jim

"I noticed that the latest issue of American Rifleman has the groove diameter of the 7.62x39 in the CZ 527 Carbine is listed as .308. I bought one a few weeks ago, and slugging the bore reveals that it is over .311 (almost .312) diameter in my CZ. I have heard of other CZ's that measure .311 as well. Has there been a change in recent barrels on this model from CZ, or was the magazine wrong?

My rifle shows average at best accuracy with Wolf or the "white box" Russian made hollow points (2 to 3"), but Winchester does a little better with about 1 1/2" to 2" groups at 100 yards. I was hoping to be able to use the cheap stuff for reasonable plinking ammo, but such in not going to be the case with the Russian ammo. I have not tried any Chinese (or other manufacture) ammo yet, so I will reserve judgement for now.

It really comes into it's own with handloads though. So far I have tried only 150 grain Hornady .312 diameter bullets with H335 and AA2015BR. The H335 loads group around 1" to 1 1/4" at 100, but with a max load of AA2015BR the two groups that I fired at 100 were 1/2" and 3/8" (all groups were 3 shots). Overall I am extremely pleased . It is a light, handy little rifle with 30-30 type power. I don't know that I will ever hunt with it, but I would feel comfortable using it as a short range deer rifle if I had to.

The biggest problem that I experienced was some misfires with the Winchester factory ammo, but a call to CZ resulted in a new stronger firing pin spring being sent which has taken care of that situation.

It would have been nice to have a .308 barrel to make use of the greater types of available bullets, but I have to be happy with the level of accuracy that I am getting ." < !--color-->

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote