Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Someone please explain this.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
Take a cotton rag and dampen it with a fairly strong solution of Joy dish soap and hot water. Wipe the funnel down and remove excess moister with th DAMP rag, Set it out in the sun or any warm dry place. When it is completely dry it is ready to use. I know not what other brands of dish soap will do. They may work as well. You may also be able to find a product called Stata Kill. The Analog meter industry has used this for years.

Make sure you're not leaving oily or greasy thumb prints in the funnel. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That static electricity can be a pain in the butt at times.

I also put a sheet in my tumbler.

I use a plastic scoop out of the boxes of household clothes washing detergent to hold my powder for scooping powder into the beam scale pan and I wipe that, the funnel and the RCBS Uniflow container down every now and then.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
<95yjcoup>
posted
dry? Static electricity in Houston? Wow--whodathunkit?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shocking, isn't it..........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Try running a pound of ball powder through, most Hogdons ball powder has a graphite cover, it helped me to to get more consistant charges. I kind of "coats" the drum with a layer of graphite, and seems to slick up the plastic parts.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too wipe the funnel out periodicly with a dryer sheet. I use one that has been run through the dryer as they are softer and not as messy as a new one. I also use them on my pan of the powder scale, powder measure, and the tv screen. If this doesn't work maybe your garage is located on a U.F.O. "hotspot" and it is emitting static electricity. Good luck, Paul...

Posts: 323 | Location: Northeastern, PA | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would not a metal funnel solve this?

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Sinclair's has some nice Aluminum funnels.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H-1000 might have a different coating than Re-22. Things that conduct electricity are less static prone. Maybe the coating on H-1000 is more conductive. Try a dryer sheet.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
http://www.2spi.com/catalog/photo/zerostat.shtml

A zerostat gun can shoot the static out of plastic. I used one on records thirty years ago.

Posts: 21 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote