New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Good bore went bad
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Changed the scope.tightened everything.Goin to roll up another box and head to range tomorow,will post results.Thanks a lot

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post

Dead scope - From 0.5" to 3" at 50 yards is extreme to say the least.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Check scope, rings, mounts, action screws and anything else that can come loose. I can't count the times my action screws loosened up and gave me fits. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
My guess would be either the scope or the mounts!

one of us
posted Hide Post
We're hopin to avoid that route with an eighty round or so,4 month old gun.Man,I'm hopin Marlins arent bic lighters.I'm pullin your leg.I should have said the age better before.The gun really should just be getting broke in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kudo's to all those who said scope.Stand up and pat yourselves on the back.Mounts>No.Action screws>No.Coppering>a wee bit.Scope changed>In the money..400 average at the 50 off the bench,inside the 4" bull avery time at the 100 off hand.Take me to the animals,somthins goin to die.

one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
when shooting 3 shot groups, sometimes your lucky (1" group), some times not (3" group). Use a backer behind your target. Use the backer to record 3 or 4 groups of 3 shots each. Your group of 9 or 12 shots on the backer will tell you what your rifle is capable of as far as real accuracy.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post

Good Luck!

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote