Find
Notify
Tools

.41 cast bullet sources?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
I want to buy some hard cast LFN or LFRN .41 Mag bullets to try out in my new toy. Anyone able and willing to recommend a preferred supplier?

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Have not tried their pistol bullets but have used them for big bore rifle (375+) and had great luck.

http://www.montanabulletworks.com/41_Mag.html

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Berrys has a plated version.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Craigster....

I've used a lot of Berry's .350 bullets in my .45-70 and they work great there. Just never even thought of them for pistol bullets. bewildered

Will give them a try.

Oh well old

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DIXIEDOG
posted Hide Post
I've had great results with the bullets I've purchased from Mike at Master Cast Bullets....they are a good bullet accuracy wise and they don't lead up the barrel as badly as alot of cast bullets do

Master Cast Bullets

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info on MasterCast bullets. Having not bought any commercial unplated cast bullets since the 1950's when I used to by some Dybro #6s for my .357, I don't personally know which of the modern ones are good stuff and which are mainly advertising hype. That's why I asked you folks. Figured I'd get the "straight Poop" here....

one of us
posted Hide Post
AC, I would second Remrod340's suggestion of Montana. They provide bullets of specific sizes, at your request and both with and without gas checks for the 41 mag. I have found all of the other "generally available" 41 mag cast bullets to be too soft fror the three of my 41s. The leading was bad. I also found Cast Performance to be quite good. I will admit to not trying the Berry's.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
I will second what larrys said about Cast performance bullets being quite good. They are available at Graf or Midway.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to you guys for drawing my attention to Ramrod's post. Somehow I missed it completely.

Thanks Ramrod, for the link. Will have to give those a look-see also.

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I used to be a big buyer of the Oregon Trail Lazer Cast bullets but with a terrific price increase during the Obama scare days I've moved on to other suppliers. Lazer Cast just didn't seem to adjust the prices back down after the big scare.

All of the manufacturers listed above should do you well and after a sample of each you'll find the best for your shooter.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote