Find
Notify
Tools

This ever happen to anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cowboy_Dan
posted
I picked up a large lot of .45 lc brass the other day. When I was looking it over today, I discovered several .44 Rem mags and even a .41 mag.

I reload the .44's, so no big deal. And I also collect cases, so I was able to add the .41 to those. I was just wondering about how often used brass will have errant cases.

Posts: 164 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just wondering about how often used brass will have errant cases.

It depends on the source, of course. Careless or dishonorable sellers may dump all sorts of junk into a batch of brass.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
When you say "picked up", I'm going to assume not at the range on the firing line. I'm assuming from some sort of seller?

Fairly common - keep and eye out for that sort of thing.

Even when I gathered stuff myself and sorted it, it was amazing how often I'd a 9mmS in with the 7.65mm stuff.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
When cases are mismatched like that, it is simply the nature of the beast when you are dealing with a business.

What soured me on used brass is the errant 223 shell that is berdan primed and bends the decapper, and pretty much removes the economy and convenience of purchasing that lot of used brass.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
How about this; reload a 44 Mag brass with a .45 Long Colt bullet; my Hornady pro-jector did not flinch whilst doing it. It did make a reverse bottleneck round. I didn't fire it.

Posts: 17266 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote