New
Find
Notify
Tools

357 Sig Suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am getting ready to start loading for the 357 Sig. I currently load and shoot a lot of 9mm, and am looking for an inexpensive 124gr JHP bullet that will work with both the 9mm and 357 Sig. I won't be shooting a lot of the 357 Sig so was wanting something accurate that I can buy in bulk for both rounds. I know the 357 has some issues with many, if not most .355's designed for the 9mm due to the long ogive but would like to just keep one bullet on hand so I can reap the rewards of buying in bulk. These will be strictly plinking and paper punching rounds.

Any powder suggestion that work well in both would be great also. I am currently working with Blue Dot in the 9, but not really loyal to any specific brand. I figured I would try Blue Dot and Bullseye since I already have both on hand, but if there is something out there that works better in both cartridges it will be the next in line to try.

Thanks.

NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Yep, bullet choice is crucial in the 357sig. Inexpensive JHP for both, not likely. Probably your best bet is the Nosler 115grJHP. Works great in both & not too pricey. You can use Berry's 124grHP as well, but they are not known for reliable expansion.
Powders for both, I would NOT use BE in the 357sig. The fastest I use is Unique & that is for 1200fps "plinkers". BlueDot works for max loads in 9mm & factory equiv. vel. in 357sig. Other good choices would be Longshot & PowerPistol.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
Loading info I dont load the sig, but thought you might find this interesting. does and don't ? Fred and Fred, i wonder mmmmmmmmm

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote