New
Find
Notify
Tools

NIKON BUCKMASTERS?NEED INFO!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone used a "BUCKMASTERS" scope(made by nikon) on a magnum rifle? im planning to get one for my 7 pound 300wsm and want to know how well they hold up to recoil.

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
I have about 200 rounds through my model 70 Classic 300WSM. It is currently wearing the 4.5-14x40AO Buckmasters.

No problems whatsoever. Great scope, great bargain (IMHO) and is holding up well thus far.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 300 win mag with 100 shots fired and one ona 7 mm mag with about 400 shots fired. Have not had a single problem with either one.

Posts: 150 | Location: upper michigan | Registered: 27 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spend a lot of time each fall sighting in rifles for other hunters. Yes, believe it or not, people have no time for this...they drop their guns off and a have it done. I don't agree with it but make some good pocket change doing it so I don't spend much time worrying about it. Anyway, while doing this i get a change to work w/lots of different scopes from the super premiums to the worst trash that optics companies can produce. My not so scientific conculsions...sure a Zeis is nice, if you have a money tree, Leupolds are the best product on the market but if your funds are limited don't hesitate to one get a Nikon Buckmaster. Consistent clear optics, well made and you don't need to visit the loan officer to get one. To beat the old drum, you get what you pay for in optics. You won't be sorry if you get a Nikon, you will spend your money again for a new scope if you get less.

I have one on my M70 Featherweight (.308) and love it. All my other scopes are ...well take a guess.

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote