New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many Loadings .300 Win Mag Brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wondering how many loadings most of you were getting out of your 300 Win Mag brass when the shoulder isn't set back from full length sizing or neck sized.
Thanks,
Jeff

Posts: 101 | Location: WA | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my 300 brass has lasted for many many years.. i dont shoot it much now, but years ago its alli used for hunting. maybe loaded it 6-8 times maybe 10.. dont know for sure.. my sons 30 -6 with rem brass was spliting after 2-3 loadings . i was told it was old brass.. strange, my 300 with winchester brass was fine.. i didnt shoot max loads with the 300 tho it shot best between 30--6 and 300.. try different brass, if your having to use max loads for accuracy then order a bunch from midway..ask here what brass is best to order.. sepparate in weighed lots for best accuracy.. dave..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get about 5 or 6 then I can notice a weaking in front of the belt. I can run a bent wire into the case and feel a ring in that area. I then cut a few of them open and could see a ring and thinner area just ahead of the belt. Now that I have a good load for it I do not shoot it as much.So the cost of brass is less important. I get rid of them at 5 shots now.

I shoot thousands of rounds a year but divied up among a bunch of rifles each one doesn't get shot a hole lot. Except my p dog guns

Posts: 19453 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
im running on my fifth load now and they are loaded fairly warm yet still brass is fine

Posts: 27 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On my belted mags. I set the die for full length resize
and lock the lock ring, then when I reload cases fired
from the rifle they are going back to, I use a 7/8ths
Shim washer that I picked up at the local hardware store
that measures .043 in under the lock ring. This allows
me to always have my size die set to full size and
allows a quick setting for partial sizing.
"Works for me"
Lyle

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote