THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Benchmark vs. Varget in a 22-250 50 grain bullet.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benchmark vs. Varget in a 22-250 50 grain bullet.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
I just visited the Hodgdon reloading data site and ran across a load for the 22-250 using 50 grain bullets.

It was 36.0 g. of Benchmark for 3903 fps with a pressure reading of 51,400 CUP. I have been loading 37.5 g. of Varget for the same bullet and getting around 3830 fps with around 50,400 CUP. Both of these loads are from the Extreme line of powders to limit temperature changes in velocity and both seem to be somewhat conservative in the pressure area as well.

While I'm satisfied currently with my load out of a Rem 700 VSSF 1st edition 26" tube, I'm always looking for improvement in all loadings that I'm doing. I haven't any experience with Benchmark.

Question:

For those with experience with Benchmark in a 50 grain 22-250 loading, what has been your experience with both velocity and accuracy???

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote