New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a test person.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need a few folks with the ability to shoot well (or a friend or relative who can do so). Oh yeah, you have to have a rifle of proven accuracy.

Right now I'm looking for folks with some or all of the following:

1. 6.5x57M (European [long] throat
2. 6.5x68S ibid on the long throat
3. 270 Weatherby with a modern freebore (.37") and a modern twist rate (1:10", slightly tighter is ok).
4. 7x64B ibid.
5. 300 Win Mag (I need a talented "Tactical" shooter witha rifle that will do 1/2 - 3/4 MOA from 300 to 600 yards/meters).
6. 300 Weatherby Accumark (.37" freebore).
7. 8x68S European throat (long - I have chamber prints if you aren't sure of your chamber/neck/throat).
8. 338 Lapua Magnum. You need to be a no-shit shooter, internet scores don't apply. I'll need a description of your rifle, and some previous targets shot at 300 and 600 meters. I will provide a box of Black Hills ammunition for a comparison.
9. 375 H&H.
10. 416 Rem Mag
11. 416 Taylor (Specify chamber print).
12. 416 Rigby (shoot from a stand up bench with a scope at 100 yards/meters).
13. 404 Jeffrey (It will be at 2,250 fps)
14. 458 Win Mag
15. 458 Lott (whoop de doo).
16. 460 Weatherby These loads will be at 2,400 fps for 500 grain bullets; for a lot of good reason.
16. 470 NE (please provide make, model and what loads have worked for you in the past. In the interests of safety, I'll ask you to send me a bore slug done per Mike Brady's protocol).
17. 9.3x74; see directly above pleas.
17. 22 Savage HiPower, aka 5.6x52R. Selier and Belloit sells some nice ammo that is good for varmints. I'm custom developing a bonded bullet that will easily take down whitetail, mulis, antelope and Reh/Roe dear. The load will also kill Capercaillie and black grouse without meat damage.

Thanks for your help in advance.

I'll provide data sheets, and will need you to shoot for accuracy and velocity both. Those strings can be shot seperately.

PS The 9.3x62 and 9.3x64 of course.

Merci Beaucoups, my froggy friends.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
LD, it will be hard to find someone that have all this rifle!!!
But, if you're interested I have a Flavio Farè custom sniper rifle chambered in 338 Lapua Mag. It's a great gun that give me very much sotisfactions. I load a 250g bullet from Lapua with following results: 3170 Fps and 0.5 MOA
Here is a pic from my T1000

Faina

I prefer to die standing that to live in knee

Posts: 181 | Location: Italy ... in the mountains | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Faina,

That is a beautiful rifle; her stunning performance matches her good looks. Since I am not yet allowed to ship loaded cartridges to Italy, may I ship you components to load and compare to your favorite loads. I am also interested to learn more about the actual construction of your rifle. It looks strong and purposeful; does it have a 1:10" (Zoll) twist rate? Who made the barrel? Was the chamber cut to a standard CIP specification?

In any case, it makes Michalangeo's look very weak by comparison.

Please send me an e-mail at johnnoak@cableone.net

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me in for the 375H&H, 416 Rigby and 9.3x74R. First 2 rifles are CZ 550's which are capable of outstanding accuracy. The third is a Tikka 512 SD, ditto. I use a range which has 100 and 200 yard ranges with concrete benches.
Let me know what else you need.
I also have a Savage 112BVSS in 300WM, but I have not shot it at 300-600 yards. I have access to these ranges, so, if you don't have someone else, let me know.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent to Peter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
LD! Hey it's nice to see you back stirring up stuff again, I was very sorry to hear about your illness. Welcome Back!.......................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing in 30/378 , 7MM RM, 338 Win Mag ?. You've got .338 Lapua mag covered

Optics on my 375 H&H are busted at the moment , hope to have that rectified shortly .

Let me know ? , I'll mail you targets if you don't trust Jpegs of them .

Glad to have you back with the living John .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can help with the 375 H&H, 404 Jeff, and the 470 NE....and my bore slugs at .475".
Next step?

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a European 6.5X57 (Steyr) that I would say has a long throat. In fact I am also located in Southern CA.

Ron