New
Find
Notify
Tools

paper punching bullets for 7mm stw
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for a good bullet to do some target shooting out my 7mmstw. I hunt with 120gr x bullets, but they get a little pricy for paper punching. Looking for something relatively inexpensive (doesn't have to be match grade) and that will still give me good accuracy. Thinking about some cheap remington core-loks. Any suggestions? Prefer to keep the bullets on the light side.

one of us
posted Hide Post
get some 120gr hornday V-max for shooting paper and making small critters explode. i shoot them in my 7mm rem mag.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
<David>
posted
Nosler Ballistic Tips give me good accuracy in my 7STW.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I had considered the ballistic tips and my 22-250 loves v-maxes. I will order a box or two of each in the 120's and see how it works.

Thanks again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to cabelas and order 500 140gr rem corelokts, about $42 dollars good for rabbits, also shoot them for practice in my 300 wby 165 grainers. They are really accurate. Shoot them in my 7stw 83.gr Imr 7828-3530-3550 av.fps. My friend wanted to shoot his cow elk with one and hit it in the shoulder. It came apart in 3 pieces after hitting the corner of the shoulder then going in to the ribs some of the fragments. The poor thing just stood there for about 3 min. than took 4 steps and droped. Lazer finder 315 yds, took the lungs out, and that was as far as the fragment made it. All the side of the ribs were blood shot clear to the neck. Total bullet failure, could only find bits of lead and jacket parts. Told him he was nuts to want to use that bullet, but he insisted// [Big Grin]

[ 08-10-2003, 09:03: Message edited by: 4bambam ]