Find
Notify
Tools

Frankford press
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CORNERSTONE
posted
Saw this on one of the post and wondered what kind of value it was and an approx price. also it looks really well built and was wondering if anyone has used one.

Thanks,
ED

Posts: 148 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe that they are built in the town of tur and are not quite meaty enough - hence they have been named frankfordtur sofa

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cornerstone from Keystone,
There may be more than one Frankford press, but my Frankford arsenal press cost me a pair of Navy binoculars a few years ago.
Mine is set up for .30-40 Krag and is indeed a substantial tool The interesting mechanical advantage is not as effective as a common Rockchucker. Of course dies are of limited availability, and I have not found any on the used market in the several decades I've owned mine. I have always supposed that they could be fabricated from Ideal-Lyman pound-in sizing dies.
My decapping press and repriming press get some use from time to time.
The set produces good, uniform loads, with brass sized clear to the rim, unlike more recent tools.
Cheers from Darkest California,
Ross

Posts: 117 | Location: Darkest California | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote