Find
Notify
Tools

PRVI Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted
Well I need to buy some new .375 brass and was hoping to get 100 new cases. Nosler and Norma are over $4 per case up here now and there is no way I am paying that........ ridiculous.

Hornady is close to $100 for 50. There are PRVI Partizan cases available at $175 for a bag of 100, but I have no experience with them and don't know anyone who has them.

Anyone on here used PRVI Partizan brass and if so what are your thoughts on it??

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rapidrob
posted Hide Post
I've been using Privi brass for a very long time and the cases are first rate.
Many of the custom ammo makers use Privi. Hornandy and Sierra are Privi.
I would rate the brass as good as Winchester,perhaps even a little better.

Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club
NRA Endowment Member
President NM MILSURPS

Posts: 447 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 28 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I use PRVI / PPU brass in 7,5x55 Swiss, .30-06 and 6,5x55 SE with complete satisfaction.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just bought some to fireform in a 22.250 Ackley Improved. I sized, trimmed and weighed them and less variation than I usually do with bulk brass. Lapua and Norma did better but the PRVI brass did much better than Winchester, Hornady and Remington brass.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12602 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
My experience has been good. They have held up well. No complaints, not even about the price.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Privi brass in my Model 70 .375 H&H. I kept track of 20 pieces and used it until I had reloaded it 8 times and I could see I was starting to get head separations so I pitched it. That is about as long as any other brass lasted. One day I shot 7 3-shot groups from the bench that varied from .34 to .90 inches, and averaged .65 inches at 100 yards. I felt that was very consistent accuracy. It worked so well I took it on a trip to Namibia. The Privi 9.3x62 brass is also good.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I use only Privi brass in my 9.3x62s and so does a friend; zero issues; it is very good quality brass.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
oldUsed a lot of PRVI ammo and brass in a number of rifles and never had any problem. beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Much appreciated gentlemen. I just ordered a couple hundred rounds of PRVI brass. Should be good now until my wife is lighting the funeral pyre. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Privi .223 brass and it is as good as others like Rem and WW.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I just ran into an issue with PPU brass

On the rims of 60 pcs of 9.3 brass some will slip into the shell holder easy but some wouldn't without force

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I consider PRVI brass a decent case and is well annealed from the factory but I had to do load development from a fresh start when I switched from Winchester.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
It has worked well for me in 375 H&H and 7x57. I agree that loads developed with other brass may need to be tweaked. A load that was ok (7x57) with Privi brass was notably hot when used with Nosler brass. It appears the Privi had more capacity. Not sure if that applies to other calibers.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Good to know. I will keep that in mind, but then I always back off a few grains on a load when switching brands of brass or bullets of the same weight, and work back up. Same with lots of powders. I think it is a good habit with reloading to avoid surprises. Wink

The price on PRVI is certainly right..... I don't normally concern myself too much with the price of reloading components, when it comes to big game hunting. Having said that, when I am looking at about $500 for a hundred Norma or Nosler cases for what are pretty common cartridges, that to me is getting into the ridiculous category.

I expect to pay more for higher quality products, but past a certain point it starts to smell bad.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hornandy and Sierra are Privi.

Just so you know, Sierra does not make ammo, just bullets. I am there once a month.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A little bit cheaper.
Get on there email and phone them once a week and tell them about what you hunt and shoot. I did, I get free samples as long as I send them a progress report.
Is the brass taxed in Canada?
http://www.shootersproshop.com...um//utm_source/.html

http://www.shootersproshop.com...%20H&H/isAjax/1.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've bought seconds for years and never had a problem or notice less accuracy. It is cosmetic blemished like they didn't mixed the ammonia ratio properly and it tarnished the brass. Media vibratory along with Flitz liquid brass polisher solves that problem for me.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Norseman.......... couple of things. Firstly Canadians cannot buy bullets or cases directly from SPS, Graff's or even Nosler on-line. Shortly after 9/11 the US government banned it and requires both import and export permits for that to happen. Even when I go down to the US as a tourist I cannot buy reloading supplies and take them home with me. Our customs could care less, but your guys do....... store owners can even get into trouble if they knowingly sell reloading supplies or ammunition to non-US citizens.

US Border Patrol, Customs and DHS do surprise pre-screening at the border crossings for ammunition, reloading supplies and "gun parts". If in possession they are seized at a minimum and it can be much worse than that if they decide to make it so.

It all falls under ITAR.

So the bottom line is, even if I bugged Nosler and could get some freebee brass, they can't send it to me. Besides, I don't have the time to mess with that and I am sure they already get enough people looking for handouts as it is. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have used Prvi brass for about 6 years now, for 22 hornet, 223, 6.5x55, 7x57, and 7.65x53 Argentine reloading. Like others, consider it a decent brass and Grafs is where I bought most of it.

Thorn mentioned a problem he's encountered with rim fitting shell holder. I too have had this problem, but recall its been only with the 6.5x55 Brass. Yes, I did use the proper shell holder for its kinda odd-ball rim size. However, its not something I've regularly encountered.

Posts: 194 | Location: Huffman, Tx | Registered: 30 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had the same problem as Ted with 9.3 brass, at the time stuck with Lapua rather than mess wih it it. Couple bags of 30-30 brass, no problems, and a bag of 6.5x55 is kicking around, keep meaning to pick up a rifle for it..
Did round up a .264Win Mag this fall, I,m guessing Graf will eventually have Privi brass back in for the .264. Anybody have any experience with Privi brass for that round?

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
I just ran into an issue with PPU brass

On the rims of 60 pcs of 9.3 brass some will slip into the shell holder easy but some wouldn't without force

I had that exact same issue with Norma 6.5x284 brass. Over 30 out of 100 cases wouldn't fit into any brand of shellholder that I had.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12602 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its incredibly inexpensive, wears like iron, and IMO its the best brass I have ever used..I use it in every rifle caliber I can get it in....Graff has it in stock in a lot of calibers.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear of its quality. I am planning to begin reloading 8x57mm and am collecting Privi Partizan ammo to reload after shooting it.

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote