Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SW Washington Reloaders
 Login/Join

posted
So this afternoon I had a brain fart and bought a can of Viht N540 thinking it was the 560. So, if there is anyone in the Olympia/Elma area who uses this powder let me know and you can get yourself a shiny new 'can' free. According to their website, it's designed for the 308 win.

Posts: 9 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
So, what caliber were you planning to burn the N560 in? Maybe the 540 will work too?

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was going to try the 560 in the 6.5x55, 7RM and 300WM. The only thing I load for that is listed in the Viht data is the '06, which I could try but I wasn't looking to start working up more loads for that rifle. Besides, if I have some powder that was supposedly designed specifically for the 308, I may be too tempted to pick one up to see for myself. That would not go over to well on the home-front.

Posts: 9 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Well, you could probably get the N540 to work in your 6.5X55 if you are looking to shoot 100-125 gr pills. It probably won't work for the Magnums.

I understand your reservation about keeping it around and the temptations. But, I can hear it now, "What this old thing hunny? I've had this thing for I don't know how long." Big Grin

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think I've used that excuse one or two many times. She's getting too good at picking out the new things.......Smiler
As for the 6.5, I tend to stick with the 140's. Lets me seat them out a bit farther and personal preference.