Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do I need to start?
 Login/Join

posted
I believe in getting the right tool to do the job and do not want to wind up buying one dewalt after throwing away two craftsmans, if you understand what I am asking.

I am looking at an RCBS progressive press, want to know what you all thought about them.

Also need to know what all the equipment I must have before beginning this adventure.

Will be reloading .223 rifle, .40S&W and possibly .45acp

The list I have includes the following

Turret Press
Powder Messure
Scales
Lube kit
deburing tool
case loading block
primer tray
powder funnel
hex key kit
reloading manual

Is that it????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make your decisions in the reverse order that you have listed them. Don't ask others. Learn for yourself. Use the search function on numerous forums. Read the articles. Ask yourself quesions. Answer your questions. When you have enough information, you won't have to ask others non-specific questions. Otherwise, you will end up buying a kit and not knowing why.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe in getting the right tool to do the job and do not want to wind up buying one dewalt after throwing away two craftsmans, if you understand what I am asking.

I am looking at an RCBS progressive press, want to know what you all thought about them. I have a Dillion, so I really can't comment on RCBS

Also need to know what all the equipment I must have before beginning this adventure.

Will be reloading .223 rifle, .40S&W and possibly .45acp

The list I have includes the following

Turret Press I tried one of these, a Lee I think, the turret was not supported very well and my brass was sized slightly off-set, so I won't use another one.
Powder MessureHave used variuos ones and really couldn't tell much difference from most of them.
ScalesUse a beam scale, I don't like the electric scales very well
Lube kit
deburing tool
case loading block
primer tray
powder funnel
hex key kit
reloading manualhave several, powder tends to cahnge through out the years, depending on the lots

Is that it????

Actually no. As Winchester 69 has said, there are a lot more things to consider and it might benefit you if you do searches on individual things first, such as do you want to start with a progressive press right away, or try a single stage first to cut your teeth on etc.

Other things to consider are the type of die you want, like neck size, bushing neck size, or full length sizing only etc.

The Sierra relaoding manual goes through some basic stuff, you might want to pick that up and give it a read.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote