New
Find
Notify
Tools

375RUM w/350gr Load data?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for load data for 350 gr bullets in the 375RUM. Checking on-line everything that I've found is well over 10 years old, back when the cartridge was ascending, prior to it's descent evidently due to the more conventional 375 Ruger. The manuals that I see have data for 250 - 300 grain bullets, but I'm interested in loads for 350 grain bullets, in particular the SMK, but other 350 gr loads would give a good starting point. Sources?

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try calling Sierra----there gave me some real good loading data years ago. They have a reloading Hot Line.

THE BULLETSMITHS---800 223-8799---www.sierrabullets.com

Hip

Posts: 1894 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted Hide Post
Barnes has data for 350s listed on their website...although looks like faster powders listed.

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with the Sierra Tech. They have a few loads but are in the development stage and plan to have a section on the 375 Ultra with 350 SMK in the next edition which will be released in the first part of next year. He did have very complimentary things to say about the Ultra, which causes me to wonder why it isn't more popular than it is. I guess the recoil scares potential shooters and now, the scarcity of components.

One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted Hide Post
I think that as a hunting round the 375 RUM suffered from lack of CRF rifles chambered in it, a short magazine and long throat, heavier recoil and diminishing returns per additional grains of powder relative to the H&H, and an increase in adoption of shorter fatter more efficient rounds (375 Ruger, etc). As an ULR target round it isn’t a Cheytac.

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 700xcr
posted Hide Post
Have you tried to contact Woodleigh Bullets at
info@woodleighbullets.com.au? I emailed them on 375 Ruger load data and they are very helpful.

Posts: 191 | Location: Kennewick,Wa. | Registered: 20 November 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
0.375 caliber MATCH KING bullets??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68796 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote