Find
Notify
Tools

MagPro and .270 WSM
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
Anybody got any good loads for this combo and how is your accuracy?? I just bought a new Savage in this caliber. I've got a few boxes of Nosler Accubonds in 140 gr since this will be a deer and antelope rifle. I picked up some MagPro powder since it supposedly has a burning rate specifically for these new short magnums. What have your results been ?? Thanks.

bowhuntr

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
MagPro From 63.2 grains to 74.2 grains
Winchester LRM Primer

Not as good as RL-25.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bowhuntrrl
Go over to the Shortmags website, there's quite a few guys using it. Many guys including myself have reached 3400fps with 140gr bullets. Someguys are getting excellent accuracy at those speeds.
While producing slower velocities, I've gotten better groups with R-22. ShortMag link below

http://www.shortmags.org/shortmags/

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Marsh Mule,

I've spent hours over there and haven't found any of those threads yet. I did a search on Magpro and read every thread.Haven't really found any real info yet.

bowhuntr

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check your e-mail. [Smile]

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote