New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who/Where has accu-bonds in stock??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for the 7mm and 30 caliber Nosler Accu-Bond bullets. Has anyone gotten any, and from where? Or does anyone know of a place they can be ordered?

thanks.

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've scoured the net looking. The best I could do was a backorder at Sinclair. They said sometime in the middle of May.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's what I figured. [Frown]

Thanks

Posts: 1496 | Location: behind the crosshairs | Registered: 01 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Delta Hunter>
posted
I've got some backordered at Sinclair also.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Be patient, they will show up. I have been lucky, my local gunshop here in central CA has had a few boxes of the 30 caliber Accubonds already.

They are "really" long. That 200 grain sucker is almost 1.5 inches in length. I tried them in my 300 WBY Mag and had good luck with IMR 7828 and RL 25. I got them up to nearly 3100 fps but then started to see a little stiffness in the bolt lift. No matter, they shot better groups at around 3050 fps anyway. Be forewarned that while working up loads I could not reach the maximums listed by Nosler or Sierra for other 200 grain bullets. (This bullet has LOTS of bearing surface.)

I am desperately wanting to try them on a wild hog here soon. I am also on the lookout for some of the 225 grain .338's to try out.

If they pan out on the hogs I may have to take them with me elk hunting this fall.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote