Find
Notify
Tools

455 Webley MkII data?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted
I'm about to acquire a 455 S&W Second model Hand Ejector and the small amount of loading data I've found around the web is filled with errors, bizarre suppositions and plain hokum.

Since the only brass currently available is the short Starline 455 Mark II case at 0.760" long, I don't much care what can be done with 45 Auto or Auto-Rim cases, or 45 Cowboy special, or even 455 Mk I (455 Colt/Eley) brass; all of those are enough longer than the later Mk II case that I'd really like just info on the short case. I do have QuickLoad, but the durn case capacity of the 455 MkII is so small that I'm not confident that QL can model it well.

I understand that Ken Waters did a "Pet Loads" article on the 455, but I don't know for which version(s), nor do I know which issue of "Handloader".

So; anyone have a good source of 455 Mk II data, or directions to Ken Waters' article?

Posts: 970 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have the Waters March 85 article, and I sent it to you, but he does it based on the long case. Colt Eley. I would take his data and interpolate it for the smaller case capacity.

Posts: 17193 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the article!

Posts: 970 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote