THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone loading 350gr TSX in 458 Win Mag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been looking for data for a friend of mine looking to load the 350Gr TSX in his 458 Win. My Barnes manual, and even their website doesn't have any loads. Anyone out there with experience/loads?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've tried a few loads, but have settled on 71 grains of H4198 in Norma brass for 2600 fps in my Winchester. 69 shot clover-leafs at 2500, but 71 shot to the same 100 yard POI as my 450 grain A-Frame load. Over that accuracy started dropping off but pressure still wasn't an issue. I wanted a lower recoiling option for a buffalo cull hunt I'm doing, in case a recoil holiday is warranted. I also am curious to see what the light bullets and higher speeds do on water-buffalo.

This article might be fun.

http://www.loaddata.com/articl...opics%2079%20LR1.pdf

H4198 gets away from annoying compression problems when loading, and I can get it in Australia.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you! You gotta love AR. I had help in seven minutes.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote