New
Find
Notify
Tools

TBBC 180GR. 300 WIN MAG GOT A PET LOAD?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
HEY IM GONNA START PLAYING AROUND WITH THIS COMBO. ANYONE HAVE A PET LOAD THEY WANT TO SHARE BEFORE I START GOING AT IT. IT MAY SHORT CUT IT AND ITS GETTING COLD UP HERE! THANKS AHEAD OF TIME JEFF

Posts: 111 | Location: eagle river ak | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
Maybe if you turn off the cap locks, somebody might help !!!! Try IMR 4350, it worked well in mine with a 180 gr.

bowhuntr [Wink]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry didnt know that was a nono. thanks for the help

Posts: 111 | Location: eagle river ak | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
alaskadude -- My all time favourite for the .300 Win mag is 180 grain Nosler Partition, 78 grains RL-22, Fed 210M primer. I would not think the Nosler and TBBC bullets would be all that different. This is a hot load, start at 74 grains in your rifle and work up, just to be safe. I get around 3100 fps from my load. It has killed several Elk and Deer for me. By the way, I flew out of your fair city from Fire Lake on a very memorable Moose hunt in 1999. [Wink] Good shooting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a Rel 25 fan. Start with 77 gr and work up with 180 gr TBBC bullets. You should find a optimum load around 79 or 80 gr depending on your lot of powder.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the tips. ive got all these powders except for reloader 25. never tried that one. unfortuantely none of our stores that i know of stock these bullets so i had to order them. they should be her soon but im itching to try them. ill let you know which turns out better. they shot about 1.5 inches with federal high energy fact loads. i hope to get that down to a consistent inch. ill let you know how it goes

<Ranger Dave>
posted
IMR4350 betwwen 70.5 to 72 grains shows good results in MY GUN for 180gr bullet. This is at the upper end for max powder so be careful.