New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Brass .375 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody know if Nosler still produces .375 Ruger brass ? It doesn't seem to be listed currently on their website. Thanks

Some additional research suggests that the Nosler 375 Ruger brass is merely Hornady brass weight sorted and prepped. Can anyone comment....?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been using Hornady brass in two different .375 Rugers. I have not been able to wear out any brass yet, and accuracy is good. It seems to be good quality brass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dale. Helpful comment.
May I ask how many loadings have been shot from your brass to date ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2082 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
6 to 8 reloadings so far. The Hornady .375 brass seems to be fairly heavy brass. I trim every time to keep the lengths of all cases uniform, and after each firing it barely removes any brass, so stretching is minimal. I think the heavy (or maybe tough) brass combined with the sharper shoulder minimizes stretching and makes it last well. As much as I like my .375 H&H, I think the Ruger is a better case design.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. The only .375 Ruger brass I've seen is Hornady...and I've not seen ANY for sale for a long time. I figure my wimpy loads should allow the brass to last a l.o.n.g time.

Posts: 286 | Registered: 25 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having been a H&H fan for ions, I tried out the 375 Ruger African style (2008 year) and there is no doubt the Ruger is the better designed cartridge, and I much prefer it over my H&H short of the nostalgia that the H&H has, the only reason to own one these days and I never thought I say that, but thats my story and Im sticking to it...The Hornady brass has held up well, but the case design is kind to any brass.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote