New
Find
Notify
Tools

WSM and Powder funnels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My RCBS funnel wouldn't fit the WSM cases, so I got one Hornady funnel with the changable case heads. None of them would fit. The case shoulder hit and left a gap that spilled powder. Well, the .17 cal fit, but the hole is too small to allow extruded powder to flow through.

Then an idea. I took the one that fit best and used my case mouth deburrinf tool to cut an angle. It cut fast, cut smooth and works. Best of all, it looks like it came from the factory like that.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just cut about 1/4" off the spout of my RCBS funnel.

I wish I would have thought of the method you used first, though.

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Thanks for the heads up Roger. My Forster funnel has no problems.

Coach

Posts: 114 | Location: near Abilene, Texas | Registered: 04 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
I faced that exact dilemma this past Saturday nite, but, took the same 17 cal funnel and ran a 3/16" drill bit through there. Ta-daa. I don't have a .17, so, I'm set. For now, anyway.

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<heavy varmint>
posted
Dang!, I have a 7mm WSM coming soon. Thought I had all the components covered for this one until this thread was brought up. Just found out for myself that a Lee funnel will not fit neither.

O'l well, Thanks for the heads up, back to the "gun store" [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
My RCBS funnel didn't fit the 300 wsm either, at first. I just simply pushed a few casings up into the funnel using a little force. This opened the mouth of the funnel enough to be used with wsm casings.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same problem with my RCBS funnel and 300RUM cases. I'll have to try your solution.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I had to do the same for the .300 Dakota case.