THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anybody tried Break Free foam bore cleaner?
 Login/Join

<Marc>
posted
Has anybody tried this one? How does it compare to Wipe-Out?

I have seen a lot of praise for Wipe-Out on this forum. I am tired of scrubbing rifle barrels and looked for it at all the local gun stores. No one carries it but one shop owner said he might be able to get the Break Free foam bore cleaner.

posted Hide Post
Don't know Marc, haven't tried that one. But I have tried the Wipe-out and I can attest to it's effectiveness. I live in CA also, and share your frustration with availability. I stumbled into a couple of cans in Ridgecrest and tried it, works good. I ordered two more cans from Midway... and that's the good news, it came to my door via UPS. Try mailorder for now get a couple of extra cans and pass them around to your friends and maybe the retailers out here will catch on if enough people start asking for it. I have no idea why no one seems to know what I'm talking about here in CA.

Posts: 5 | Location: Darkest Kalifornia | Registered: 25 June 2003Reply With Quote
<Marc>
posted
I guess I will just order some Wipe-Out. I tried to get a couple of the local shooter supply stores to stock it. One said they had several requests for it. They said they didn't know where to get it. I gave them the web address for Wipe-Out and checked back several weeks later. Then they had some other cock and bull story. Translation: they don't want to bother!