THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olympic 7.62x54R ammunition...............
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
Is the 7.62x54R Olympic brand ammunition made in Greec Berdan primed? It's brass cased but that doesn't mean a lot. Thanks for any info.

Steve E.........

Posts: 1839 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
post your question here and someone will know -

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=1

Century sells Hot Shot for under $7 a box which is boxer and of cours lots of people sell S&B which is boxer. I used to use S&B for reloading this caliber but got a deal on some Lapua so I now use that.

Of course if you have a round pull the bullet and shine a light down there...two flash holes = berdan, or run a decaper down there, if the pin breaks off its berdan <grin> and don't ask how i know that.

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Berdan.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I don't have any in hand but knew where I can get some from and wanted to know if it was berdan or reloadable, store owner didn't know. Ammunition selection is very limited here because of the shipping. Guess I'll just have to order me some Graf's brass and go from there. Been there done that with the decapping pin. Thanks again for the info.

Steve E........

Posts: 1839 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote