Find
Notify
Tools

Speer " Deep Shock " Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have three boxies of .30 Cal. 180Gr.
Speer Deep Shock bullets they had out for a short time, a few years ago. I have never used them. Thinking about working up a load for my 300 Win. Mag. using these bullets. The load will be used mainly for whitetail.
Has anyone had any experence with the bullets?
Please let me know what you think.

Thanks in Advance

posted Hide Post
Used a 165gr Deep Shock last fall on a Colorado mulie at about 200 yds from my .30-06 and he went down like right now. I have three '06's and all 3 group at 1" or less with a load of 58gr of IMR 4350. When I saw how well this combination worked in my rifles, I bought every Deep Shock I could find and am set for life.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
elmer, great bullet i called speer and talked to one of their balistic guys he said the bullets were very hard to make because of its design it realy did''nt catch on with the public in sales so they droped it to bad though its a shooting fool of a bullet, i loaded some180''s in my 308 and their fantastic,your 300 should dote on them,i also bought a couple hundred my-self,smart move there cazador, regards jjmp

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Must be a strange story behind these, I also heard they were dropped because they were difficult to make and they never caught on. What's strange is why did they ever go into production if they were so difficutlt to make and I can't believe the very short time they were actualy available was long enough to determine if they would catch on or not. I have a box of .308 165s but have never used them.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used them in both factory Federal ammo, and have some 165 and 180 gr for reloading.

They sure seem to work well on game, but have "lost interst" in them, because I can't get any more.

Will sell the 165 and 180's if anybody want them.

Send me a PM

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry

PM Sent

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, will get a count them tonight, and get back to you.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Displaced.... PM sent

Terry

one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry

PM sent