THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Do Lubralox coated bullets(win. ballistic silver-tips) foul like molycoated bullets?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do Lubralox coated bullets(win. ballistic silver-tips) foul like molycoated bullets?
 Login/Join

<leo>
posted
Does Lubralox pose less of a problem? Thanks

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Sending this one back to the top beacause I'm curious now, too.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not in my experience. Lubalox is a far better coating and leaves no bore residue like moly.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
I had seen somewhere that winchester had changed from molycoat to lubralox on I believe the failsafe bullets. That would say something about it.

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leo:
I had seen somewhere that winchester had changed from molycoat to lubralox on I believe the failsafe bullets. That would say something about it.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Ballistic Silvertip is Lubalox, and the FailSafe and Partition Gold are moly-coated. You can also get uncoated Partition Gold's.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Fail Safe bullets sold to us handloaders are moly coated, whereas the ones loaded in factory ammo are not, go figure! The Ballistic Silvertips are all coated with Lubalox.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<inspector>
posted
I have not found Nosler Ballistic silvertips to foul my barrel. I have fired 100 rounds of factory (winchester/nosler)cartridges, and the rest of my rounds have been with handloads.Clean stuff!!
I am NOT a Moly-coat fan. I probably just don't know how to use it. I also do not want to know how to use it.--Roy