Find
Notify
Tools

7mm TCU
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of coyote bait
posted
I recently purchased 2-7mm TCU barrels, a 10 inch and a 14 inch, with dies, formed brass, and a bunch of bullets all as a package deal off of gunbroker. Does anyone have any load suggestions using Reloader 10X?

Life is too short to be taken seriously, it is only temporary and none of us are getting out of it alive.

Posts: 45 | Location: Miltonvale, Kansas | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can't find the data you need compare the burning rate of 10X to some of the other extruded powders. They are H322, AA2015 and IMR 3031. Data for these powders is available and will provide a starting point for developing your own loads.

Obscure rounds that are somewhat obsolete may never have data for the most modern powders. You can either avoid the most modern powders and be happy with lots of data for old standards or work up data on your lonesome.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I had mine it liked IMR 4895.

Molon Labe

New account for Jacobite

Posts: 631 | Location: SW. PA. | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of coyote bait
posted Hide Post
Thank you SR4759. Donald, I have seen on a lot of my research that 4895 is really popular. But I already use 10x in my 204, I would like to use it in more things so I can limit my varieties of powder and buy in bulk. I use the Alliant line of powders in just about all of my reloads.

Life is too short to be taken seriously, it is only temporary and none of us are getting out of it alive.

Posts: 45 | Location: Miltonvale, Kansas | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reloder 7 is a great powder.
4895 will give you max velocity.
H322 has been the most accurate, so 10X might be a winner.
I have never seen any data for 10X.
Best is to call Alliant and see if their ballisticians have any data.

Posts: 130 | Location: AZ | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With Quote