New
Find
Notify
Tools

C&R accepted by online dealers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do any of the better online component sellers recognize a C&R for dealer prices?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grafs, MidwayUSA & Brownells do

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf & Sons require you to purchase $2,000 per anum to continue receiving dealer pricing. Add 3% to use your credit card.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have not held me to a 2k limit on the dealer discount, but they do charge me the 3% for CC and they also charge shipping on dealer accounts

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway does not seem to offer much of a discount.
I would have to see Graf's prices vs the added charges.
They all play games with shipping, handling and English.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrfudd:
They have not held me to a 2k limit on the dealer discount, but they do charge me the 3% for CC and they also charge shipping on dealer accounts

I, just this minute, got off the phone to Graf customer service, asking why I received their dealer sale flyer in the mail today. She said it was because my 03 FFL was still effective until 4\10. But, if the order was not $2,000 or more my pricing would be 'bumped' to the retail pricing. She also confirmed that the only place where that pricing policy is stated is in their yearly comprehensive catalog, not on their website. And they did not print an '09 catalog because of all the flux in the industry. Next one will be for 2010.

The reason you still get dealer prices and I do not might be because my 03FFL has been on file with them for more than 1 year and I have not bought anywhere near $2K worth of product. And probably never will. Minimum dealer order is $100. Quite a bit more than MidwayUSA.

So the bottom line is any new C&R FFL collector will get Graf's dealer pricing for the first year but not after unless their $2K minimum limit is exceeded. The customer service lady said I would be better off because they paid for the shipping. I see no benefit to having a C&R license when doing business with Graf's unless you're the proverbial big spender. I'm sure they designed it that way to ferret out guys like me. No wonder I haven't placed an order with them in a very long time.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess their policy has changed recently. I have had a "dealer" account with them for probably 5 years and have never purchased $2,00 in a calendar year. I usually check the retail vs dealer prices before ordering. I did save a fair amount a few months ago when I ordered 30 pounds of powder and 15k primers.

posted Hide Post
"Do any of the better online component sellers recognize a C&R for dealer prices?"

Black Hills Shooters Supply

Posts: 4 | Location: Shasta County, California | Registered: 13 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Black Hills Shooters Supply will not. In fact, most of their better value product will only ship to type 6 holders. Ordering directly from western did at one time require a type 6. Grafs is kind of a funny company to do business with. They will negotiate a good deal, if you are spending in the 5 figures or so. Same goes for Wideners. Negotiating directly with the major bullet companies can save some serious cash....if you are spending serious cash. General Dynamics (Saint Marks Powder) will sell to anyone, as long as you are taking delivery of a train car or so of powder.
John

Posts: 8 | Location: SW Virginia | Registered: 15 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
John, your comments about Black Hills is news to me. I wonder if they no longer accept new C&R accounts for dealer discounts. I've ordered regularly from them for years, and never had a problem. I currently have a backorder for primers and bullets and the gal who took my order never mentioned anything about not honoring my dealer discount. Oh well......

Posts: 4 | Location: Shasta County, California | Registered: 13 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wow, I have a new flier here somewhere saying that they were not going undersell their distributors any more. As soon as I find it, I'll re-read it. I know it specifically mentioned Type 6, and store front owners only.

John

posted Hide Post
Scratch that first comment. There are going to be "different" discounts based on sales volume and type of entity. I am wondering if they are not referencing their existing truckload program. Guess I should actually read the words in these fliers sometimes. Sorry.
John

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Go to the industry Shows and get to know the people involved. Getting hooked up is not hard.. Big Grin

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
Get a few friends together, including one with a C&R FFL & combine your orders.
It doesn't take many people to keep above the $2,000 floor.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote