New
Find
Notify
Tools

.470 NE dies?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Have been looking in the catalogs...no luck?
Something that has to come from the custom shop? Does Redding make em?

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
<500 AHR>
posted
KN,

I do not know about Redding, but RCBS makes them. There is a shop down in Mississippi that even stocks these die sets. It is Thad Scott or something like that. I apologize for not being able to be of more help.

Todd E

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is taken from the RCBS website:
Special Order Dies
We make many more dies than what is listed in our standard catalog. For more information call our Customer Service Department and ask for our Special Order Catalog. A .14 Flea? Got it. A 577-500 Nitro Express? No problem. RCBS Customer Service
605 Oro Dam Blvd.
Oroville, CA 95965
For more information, call 1-800-533-5000 between 6:30 AM and 4:00 PM, Pacific time, Monday through Friday.
CH4D list them for $120.00, page 21 of the die list. http://www.ch4d.com/ch4d/Catalog/Page21b.htm

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
<500 AHR>
posted
I do not know if you have used C4HD dies, but my experiences with them are that they are expensive and crap. I would recommend the RCBS dies. I my cases I ended up throwing out the C4HD dies and making my own. I realize that most people cannot do this (I have many friends in the Tool and Die business) so I thought I would post a warning.

Todd E

[This message has been edited by Todd E (edited 04-13-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Huntington die specialties in California stocks them. They have a website, but I'm not sure of the address.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSEK
posted Hide Post
Huntington is bound to have them:
http://www.huntingtons.com/

Posts: 308 | Location: In transit | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup,
Call Huntinton, (530) 534-1210, and they will arrive in no time. I got my RCBS dies ($237.95) and shell holder ($16.95) for the 470 NE that way. Grin and bear it, regarding the prices. I have never had a complaint with RCBS stuff.

Oh, yeah, an Ammo Master press by RCBS would also make things easier. It is big enough for the 50 BMG and recommended for many of the longer NE rounds.

------------------
RAB

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try putting in a WTB ad in the classifieds. I got a set of RCBS 470 NE dies there for $100.00 a couple of months back.

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote