New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ or Tikka in a 6.5X55?
 Login/Join

<bearlake>
posted
What one do you guys like better the CZ or the Tikka in 6.5X55?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would opt for the CZ,

great value for money and it's CRF. In Australia we do not get the chance to buy the CZ's in 6.5x55 or 9.3x62. We only get offered the boring calibres .308, .243, 20/06 etc. [Frown]

I have never heard a bad word about the Tikka's either by the way. I just love CZ's.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howa Lightning is available in 6.5x55mm, as is the Winchester Model 70 Featherweight and the Ruger M77. I have been using a Featherweight for about a decade firing about 300 rounds a year with excellent accuracy and it's just starting to show some signs of erosion (still a sub-MOA shooter), so I'm considering the Howa as an inexpensive alternative. These are all attractive alternatives to the two you've mentioned, the Featherweight is acually very sexy and an excellent shooter. CRF shouldn't be an issue with a small bore, light recoiling round for non-dangerous game such as deer/antelope. Just my 2 cents. [Smile]

Posts: 169 | Location: Winnipeg, MB. | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both Tikka and CZ make fine rifles. I have a CZ 550 in .308 I'm very happy with. It shoots sub MOA and cost under $500! I really like the single set trigger at the range though doubt I'd use it in a hunting situation unless I was from a good distance and setup stationary.

Posts: 41 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Although I don't own a CZ yet, I have handled and shot them many times. Conversely, I own a few Tikkas and their actions are about the smoothest around, especially compared to the CZ's action. I would go with the Tikka.

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Eagle Eye>
posted
Tikka for sure.

CZ make a nice rifle but the actions aren't as smooth nor are the barrels in the same league as a Tikka. The fact that Tikka isn't a CRF doesn't matter unless you are buying a DGR. What does matter is that Tikka are world famous for quality and accuracy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
And the Tikka is available in southpaw configuration, for our handicapped brethren. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M.Fox Jancik
posted Hide Post
I shoot CZ-550 custom made rifle in 6,5x55 and I am extremly happy with it, I know that action of new out-of-the-box rifle is not the smoothest one, but no problem if you own few diamond files :-)))) anyway for that money it is perfect rifle, you do not have to do anything it with Tikka but you pay more. I know that I have custom made rifle but the barrel is excelent and at 150m is accuracy with 120grs BallisticTip and 46 grs of 4350 less than one inch (in real 2,2cm) it was done without bipod in the field when we have had short lunch break during hunting weekend, but I thing it is good result...:-)

Posts: 64 | Location: Zlin, Moravia, Czech Republic, Europe | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Yspen>
posted
Tikka for sure

CZ is good value for money but I regard the Tikka as superior .
On the other hand I would prefer a Scandanavian gun shooting a scandanavian caliber - purely sentiment .

Have you considered the Styer SBS ? Or Sako ?

My Styer SBS Prohunter has maintained sub MOA groups from the moment I took it out of the box with anyting I put in it ( 120 -160 gr ) .

Ben

[ 10-21-2002, 10:49: Message edited by: Yspen ]

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Both are of good quality, with the Tikka perhaps slightly ahead. Both are far above what Remington (1994 Classic), Winchester & Ruger produce. I have a number of rifles in 6.5x55 and just had a couple of Swedes drilled & tapped. The 29.1" M96, with the very first load I fed it after being scoped, rewarded me with several 5-shot, 200 yard groups of 1 to 1.25" using 46 grains of Re-22 under the Hornady 129 grain SST. And less than an hour ago, I took a medium-sized boar in our front pasture using a 24" Encore barrel in 6.5x55 (140 grain SST and 46 grains Re-22).

Posts: 9402 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Mads>
posted
PC what is boring about the 20/06 [Big Grin]

I've never heard about it - sounds like a screamer to me [Razz]

Sorry I couldn't help it it was to tempting [Wink]

Regards

Mads

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[b]Mads What is boring about the 20/06 [Wink]

I must have one, I have not heard of these [Big Grin]

[ 10-21-2002, 16:23: Message edited by: PC ]