Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Inside the Rifle" (book ready soon)
 Login/Join

posted
This forum isn't a proper venue for a sales pitch for my next book -- so if you think that you may be interested in ordering a signed copy of the Powley-and-Howell book Inside the Rifle (on the basics of interior ballistics), please e-mail me at kenhowell1931@earthlink.net, and I'll e-mail you an announcement and printable form for your order. I hope to be ready to take prepaid advance orders beginning 1 January 2004, for books to delivered within the next three months or so. Your e-mail needs no message -- just the header "book order" or "Inside the Rifle" or just "book."

Just be sure that you spell your e-mail address correctly! I've gotten some that were obviously misspelled, and I didn't notice until I got notices that my replies hadn't gone through. It was easy to correct "***fatther" to "***father" and submit the e-mail again, but the correct spellings of some misspelled addresses were beyond all guess.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Howell,
Thanks for the update. I definitely have a place in my library for this book!

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ken ----- I just sent you an E-Mail, thanks for the heads up, and thanks for your hard work. Good shooting.

Posts: 221 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 19 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
E-mail sent. This will be a great addition to my collection. It will sit right next to my copy of "Designing and forming Custom Cartridges for Rifles and Handguns". No.764.

Thanks
Jeff in ND

Posts: 15 | Location: ND | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the visit Dr Howell.
I'll be E mailing shortly.
Please visit us again when you get a chance.
Happy Holidays
Covey16

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ken,
It is good to see you are joining us here on the forum. Stay with us and chat.

Email sent. I will look forward to getting your notice that the book is ready to send.

Happy holidays,
Don Shearer

Posts: 223 | Location: Centennial, CO USA | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was getting ready to look up your E-mail and ask how it was going. I'll send you an E-mail as soon as I get home; I definitely want one!

Posts: 424 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 28 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Ken, It is good to see you are joining us here on the forum. Stay with us and chat.

One thing that has terribly impeded progress on this and other books has been TOO MUCH sticking around and chatting on too many of these forums. Sorry. Chatting is a lot more fun, but it doesn't get the books written or published -- which I have to do, to make any progress with the Powley Center and its library, ballistics lab, shooting tunnel, and museum of modern handloading.

So -- if y'all will please excuse me ....