THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    ? Redding Competition Neck Sizing Die adjustment

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

? Redding Competition Neck Sizing Die adjustment
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Y'all,

I stepped up from the S-Type to the competition type neck bushing Comp die but the box did not have instructions on how to adjust it. I have sorted out how to adjust the sizing depth (ie how much of the neck you can do) BUT the decapping rod does not extend South enough to decap the case. How do I adjust this? There is a hole in the micrometer cap and if I insert the Allen key supplied I can turn and loosen a screw inside but I can't move the decapping rod either in or out. (I assume this screw inside might have something to do with it)

Help, I need a clue!

Got the Comp seater die too it is a stunningly well made bit of kit. This is for 22-250 BTW.

Cheers

Pete M

If Chuck Norris dives into a swimming pool, he does not get wet. The swimming pool gets Chuck Norris.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
http://www.redding-reloading.com/ you can email redding, link on there home page

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried the website, but could not find anything relevant. But last night, I tinkered with it and sorted it out. The decapping rod unscrews and the grub screw in the micrometer cap locks down on it. Quite simple actually.

Thanks

Pete

If Chuck Norris dives into a swimming pool, he does not get wet. The swimming pool gets Chuck Norris.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote