THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Standard S. Pistol vs Magnum S. Pistol Primers question. . .. .

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Standard S. Pistol vs Magnum S. Pistol Primers question. . .. .
 Login/Join

<Shootin' 4 Fun>
posted
I am reloading .38's. If I run out of Standard Small pistol primers, is it kosher to use My magnum primers? (Winchester primers) I have a buddy who says he uses Magnum in everything no matter what. Any opinions?

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
happy, the rule is to reduce the load and work up. I shoot a 38 ,158gr swc 3.2 grains of bulleye, using a magnum primer in this load would be an over kill. I would be concerned with flash over. using hot primers and light loads.
dave, welcome aboard

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Shootin' 4 Fun>
posted
Well, I just went out and bought some more standard primers. I suppose I prefer to err on the side of caution. Thanks.