New
Find
Notify
Tools

VihtaVuori N565 powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shoot a Lapua .338, Weatherby .340 and 6.5 PRC and was told this powder would work well with them. Mid South has a free Hazmat fee today and I ordered some to try out. Has anyone here used it and how did it perform. Good Shooting

phurley

Posts: 2361 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the powder because it was designed for use with the .338 Lapua which I have used extensively along with my son and grandsons on Elk and larger game. It also list good loads for .300 Winny and 6.5 PRC both of which we have used for many years. Have not used it yet but will soon and will report back here. Hopefully someone else has experience with it and can report. It was designed for the .338 Lapua and the 250 grain sniper bullets and would have many other uses. Good Shooting.

phurley

Administrator
posted Hide Post
All VVN powders are great.

I use them all the time in many calibers.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68500 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I finally got to shoot loads with my VV N565 Powder and WOW was I impressed. Shooting my 6.5 PRC with 130 grain Barnes TSX bullets my first group was a one holer that you hardly tell the three shots were not a single hole. Looked like a wollowed out two hole group. Using my new Garmin Chronograph it read an average of 2954 fps using 57 grains of powder. Second group was two holes .3 from each other with one hole showing an elongated print. Don't think it has anything to do with the shooting but it is a beautiful powder, bright and shinny. I plan to use more of the N565 with the .338 Lapua and .300 Winny in the future. I look forward to more sessions with this powder. Good Shooting.

phurley

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use VV 530, 540 and 550 in my big bores. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3399 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
All VVN powders are great!

In fact, I use powders from all manufacturers, and all produce good results.

Posts: 68500 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used all the powders particularly Allient, Hodgen, IMR, Winchester, Western, CFE-223. This is my first adventure with the VV powders and I am impressed as to accuracy and consistency thus far. Good Shooting.

phurley

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have used every type of powder made.

I have never found any that didn’t perform very well.

Certain rifles prefer one or another, but any discrepancy can never be attributed to the powder.