New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb things kids do
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do you think that paint ball guns have cut down on BB gun fights? I admit to a BB gun fight or two. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Ron, us "kids" use airsoft pistols. They shoot hard plastic bbs and don't break anything. Its more fun indoors when its cold out. We started doing quickdraw comps, but my roommate quit after taking a shot in the thumbnail while drawing his revolver.Just as in A Christmas Story: "they go all over" and make the vaccum sound like a maracca.
My friend uses them in Florida to take out cockroaches on the floor.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me and several of my friends had a miriad of paintguns and played almost weekly, we where still stupid enough to try bb guns until one hit me in the hand and I had to pull the bb out from the other side.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can remember my friend having to explain to his parents how he got a BB lodged in his forehead. Shouldn't have looked up from behind that dirt mound when he did. Unfortunatley it gets worse. Have you ever thrown .22 rimfires against a concrete wall so that they go off? Not sure where they went, but I am glad I am here to laugh about it and to make sure my kids never do something so stupid! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mule Skinner;
I thought we only did dumb stuff like that up
here in north central Texas. I had a BB gun until
our neighbor's chickens all quit laying eggs. My
dad had to replace some of those hens because their vents were full of BB's. I got my butt beat
over that and I never let my kids have a BB gun.
Just no place for them in town. I've known several
people who have been blinded by BB guns. Oh well,
we can't protect em all their lives! BLR7

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Dmacsimum Velocity>
posted
Well, just don't go "Ant" bug hunting W/a Daisy RR BB gun when the ant is on concrete and your standing right over it..... Duh... prank.... Ouch !
ahhhhh, wasn't me when I was around 8 years old and snuck my brothers BB gun out back (duh again).... [Razz]
Dennis

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I think the more you use those "toys" when you're older the less resposible you get. You end up getting into unsafe habits. Ones that you should no better than to do. I guess that's why they're for kids to learn safety. It works in reverse on adults.
Blowguns are also pretty fun, but I remember one time I was reaching down to pull one off a target and my friend shot me in the hand. I had to get a pair of plier to pull it out. Those things even go into golf balls no problem.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<TimB99>
posted

[ 02-22-2003, 00:41: Message edited by: TimB99 ]