New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG BRASS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Scored 80 pieces of SIG 6.5 Creed once fired brass at the range today. Can anyone tell me about it-----GOOD, BAD, or what?
I'm guessing that it is SIG SAUER---Yes/No ?

Hip

Posts: 1894 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I weighed 5 pieces of Sig brass and the difference between the heaviest and the lightest was 3/10th. of a grain.
I also weighed 5 pieces of Hornady brass and the difference is 1.3 grains. So the Sig brass is a lot more consistent but will it hold up, that is the question !

Hip

Posts: 1894 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why are you worried just use the stuff.

When it wears out it wears out.

Any more then 2 or 3 loadings you have it paid for.

If you got it for free your way ahead of the game.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not worried, just curious! Didn't even know Sig made/sold ammo!

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SIG has an ammo plant in Kentucky they opened in the last couple of years.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weight differences are often in the head or extractor groove.

Measure case neck wall thickness with a tubing micrometer to determine consistency.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanx AFLEAD I will do that! I have the micrometer.

Hip