THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    High capacity magazine for Ruger Deerfield 99/44

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High capacity magazine for Ruger Deerfield 99/44
 Login/Join

<bearlake>
posted
Anyone know of a high capacity magizine for the new ruger deerfield 99/44 in 44 mag. It comes with a 4 round mag. I would like to find a 10 round or higher if someone makes one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since 1994 no one has been able to manufacture magazines over 10 rounds capacity due to the 1994 Assault Weapons/Brady Bill. The Deerfield was introduced after this ('98?), so no magazines over 10 rounds would have been made for it.

<bearlake>
posted
Who makes all the 30 round mags for Ruger mini-30's and 14's. I have catalogs at home with high cap magizines for just about anything you want. Are these all left over mags that were made pre 1994?? If that is the case I would think the supply would be getting very low and the price of these mags would be very high.

Is there anyone out there who might make a 10 round magizine for the Ruger Deerfield 99/44?

<centerpunch>
posted

[ 06-15-2002, 02:11: Message edited by: centerpunch ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I would buy that cute .44 Mag Semi auto, if I could get Ruger!! 10 round mags for it ...

H

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
"Who makes all the 30 round mags for Ruger mini-30's and 14's."

For US civilian use? Currently no one, it's illegal. What is for generaly for sale in those catalogs are used and/or refurbished M-16 magazines.

" I have catalogs at home with high cap magizines for just about anything you want. Are these all left over mags that were made pre 1994??"

Yes. As soon as the 10 round limit was proposed magazine production was made a priority and stockpiles were built up.

"If that is the case I would think the supply would be getting very low and the price of these mags would be very high."

The inventory was built to a huge level, but even so the current prices are high..compared to what they were before the ban on new magazines. And the prices on non military style magazines has gone through the roof. Try pricing a magazine for a Calico M-100 22 sometime, a replacement magazine would be more than the whole rifle in 100% condition lists in the bluebook.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<bearlake>
posted
Thanks for the input guys. If anyone hears of someone making a 10 round mag for the 99/44 please let me know!

centerpunch= I will a assume you use a single shot rifle for all your deer hunting!

<centerpunch>
posted

[ 06-15-2002, 02:02: Message edited by: centerpunch ]

one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
While your at it, I'd like a bigger mag on the wife's Ruger 96 in 44 mag too. Target shooting with the little mag is a pain in the arse! [Eek!]

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Ruger is really missing the boat here. They could make a 99/44 up with a 10 round box mag. It would be so easy to style the thing exactly like a slightly oversize M-1 carbine. That thing would be the HEAT !
Then they could deal with all of us crying for a 5 round mag for hunting. Oh what the heck just ship it with a 10 and a 5.

Posts: 128 | Location: East Central NC, USA | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto that, Swampfox!!!

Ruger should make that 10 rounder. I am willing to hunt with a 4 round mag, with a spare, of course, but for plinking, driven pig hunting or home defense it has to have 10 round capacity.

Would someone please mail that thread to Bill Ruger?

Hermann

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of tywt
posted Hide Post
Bumping this one back up. I posted it years ago and was wondering if things have changed? Anyone know of a high cap mag for the deerfield?

Aim small, Miss small!

Posts: 20 | Location: North Shore of Minnesota | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote