THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6BR with 70-105grs. bullet, which twist?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted
I have calculated the twist with 105grs. A-max to be 8", and with 70grs. TNT to be 12".

If I choose 8" will the TNT be to stable and loose some in the precision categori? I will use this mostly with 90-95grs. for deer hunting.

http://www.shortmags.org/shortmags/ref_data/TwistRateCalc.asp

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I have a 6 Rem 40X with a Hart 1 in 8 which shoots the 70 Nosler BT's amazingly well to a long way out there. I do not subscribe to the over stablized club... nor the little bit pregnant club either. Go with the 1 in 8 and see greater expansion due to the rotational effect on the deer bullets! Enjoy

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tomjac

I agree 100 % with 308Sako on this. One in 8 will allow you to stabilize any available 6 mm bullet available that I am aware of, even the 115 gr VLD Bergers, if they are available in Norway.

For target shooting I am a big fan of the Sierra 107 grain match kings. although I understand there is a 108 grain or so Target bullet from Finland. ( Lapua) would be interesting to try that, the Finns do good things with Rifles and bullets.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote