THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Dies, Lock Rings, case trimmer- gripes aplenty

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Dies, Lock Rings, case trimmer- gripes aplenty
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I haven't really noticed having to use a lot of force. I use the Sinclair power screwdriver/drill adapter with mine and don't do any cranking. A bargain,$11 at Sinclairs(item# WSA)
http://www.sinclairintl.com/

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I gave up on fighting my RCBS trimmer,sold it and got the Wilson,nary a problem. I use the Lee trimmers for pistol cases.

I just bought the wilson because I'm loading a wilcat cartridge and Lee doesn't make a trimmer for that specific one (17 Mach IV). However, I think the Wilson is a pain in the butt. You really have to push the handle in hard while cranking it at the same time, otherwise, you think your done trimming but your not.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Regards,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These guys have given you some first class information. The Lee trimmers are the way to go. They are fast and easy to setup and no measuring, or adjusting. They are so stupid simple, I can't imagine using anything else.
As to dies, you get used to one brand and kind of stick with them. I like Lee Collet dies, but there are many good dies. The fact is all of them will produce outstanding ammo, it's just that there are different ideas about how to size and seat bullets.
You'll develope your own system and equipment likes and it will all work out.