Find
Notify
Tools

.425 Westley Richards Loading Data
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted
Anybody out there have any data for the .425WR? I've been converting some .375RUM cases to that caliber and all of a sudden, I relaize I can't find any data in any of the books I have, Cartridges of the World, Ackley's and A-Square. HELP!

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

425 vs 404. The 425 WR cartridge is an original with the Typical capped Leslie Taylor bullet

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Thanks Alf, that's what I was looking for.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I have been using 74grns of AR2208 = VARGET with Federal magnum primers, Hornerber cases, Woodleigh bullets and a 24"barreled Westley Richards bolt action rifle for a MV of 2200fps.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Up to 82grns of VARGET for 2355fps with no indication of excessive pressure yet.
Will stick with 81grns for an average of 2330fps with Fed 215 Mag primers, Hornerber cases and Woodleigh bullets.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote